Moisturiser Recipe for Eczema
Over the years, many people have asked me about the perfect moisturiser for eczema.
You know the one, the one you’ve been looking for too?
The one made from unicorn tears…
Well, sometimes it can seem that way.
That it doesn’t actually exist!
One that’s natural, that doesn’t contain potentially harmful ingredients…yet doesn’t have anything food-based to potentially lead to a new allergy down the track.
Well, it’s nearly impossible to find!
So…. in the end, I played around with making my own.
And the hardest part is getting the ingredients in the first place, the rest is easy – and actually fun too.
We absorb much of what we put on our skin.
Many of the skin care products on the supermarket shelves contain skin irritants and other harmful ingredients
It can be overwhelming trying to work out if the moisturiser you’re using on your child is actually safe.
So let me share with you 1 simple recipes that is super easy to make in your own home. Feel free to tweak and adjust the ratios depending on what consistency you prefer!
120 g shea butter
100 mL jojoba oil
Essential oils of choice – lavender, frankincense
Sometimes the hardest part of making your own moisturiser is gathering the right ingredients together!
1. Melt shea butter in a double boiler (in a ceramic or metal bowl over a small saucepan – with 5cm of simmering water in the saucepan). Allow to heat until completly melted.
2. Carefully remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the jojoba oil using a silicon or metal spoon (not plastic).
3. Allow to cool slightly before adding in your essential oils and stir well.
*Keep well diluted for sensitive skin: 1 drop of pure essential oil to 10mLs of moisturisers.
4. While your mix is still liquid, whip with a stab mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Scoop mixture into sterilised and labelled jars. You’ll want to make sure you have your recipe written down so you can make it again when you love what you’ve made!
If you’d like to learn more about moisturisers, food, gut health and eczema, click below for immediate access to my complimentary 3 part eczema training: Stop Scratching The Surface.